Where has 2012 gone? I was just posting in March, and all of the sudden it is November. Failing at blogging. Again. Are you surprised? You probably shouldn’t be…
This year… It’s been busy. They just keep on getting busier, don’t they? A quick breakdown of why I’ve been everywhere but on this blog:
- We flew from my birthday to Easter to Adam’s birthday to Alaina’s birthday with seemingly no time in between.
- We celebrated Alaina’s second with a trip to Denver to visit the Downtown Aquarium with friends and family. Everyone had a blast, and I didn’t have anything to clean up. Win! We experimented with ocean-themed cakes in jars to make them portable for our outing. Also a win!
- Alaina turned two, and went from being a baby to being a little girl. I’m amazed every day by the leaps and bounds this girl makes. She’s more well-spoken than some adults I know, and has better manners than a lot of them too. I am so proud of her, she just continues to impress us over and over. She comes up with some hilarious things too. A few weeks ago, her Daddy was putting her down for a nap, and after several protests, she gave up. Not before saying “you’re better than this, Daddy” though. I don’t know where she gets this stuff.
- We moved! We left the Western Slope and moved back to the Denver area. We now live out on the prairie, or as Alaina likes to say, “the farm”. Apparently, when you’re two, a couple of acres is HUGE. We overshot our goal a bit and live quite a bit farther East than we’d hoped to, but the price was right and we’ll find a new place in the summer.
- We decided to rent for the year to make sure we really wanted to have land. Turns out, we like the land, but hate renting. We’re much better landlords than renters. Noted.
- We had a great family vacation in Utah with Adam’s side of the family. We had a whole week to just hang out and have fun. The kids loved having a private pool and inground trampoline. I think the adults loved it just as much!
- We just got back from another trip out to Wisconsin. This one was a celebration instead of a sad visit though. My Grandma Helen, better known as Gram or GG, turned 93 this year. All of her six kids and many of her grandkids and great grandkids made it out to celebrate. It was a great trip, aside from a horrible stomach bug that ripped through the group while we were there. Still totally worth it.
- We’ve also had several visits back and forth over the mountains, some great visits with friends in the Denver area now that we’re back this way, and Alaina is thoroughly enjoying having her buddy Evan close by now. We miss our friends from the “other side” like crazy, but are back to visit often.
- Adam and I both work from home now. It’s been a transition, but mostly good. It’s so fun for Alaina to be able to have lunch with her dad on a random Tuesday.
- Now it is almost Thanksgiving. Seriously, how???
I’m not even going to promise to blog more often. I will try, but clearly my promises are not helping me get anything done around here I will, however, share some photos from throughout the year, because I am much better at snapping photos than I am at remembering to post here!